|Gibraltar||Salary: Competitive Salary + Benefits|
|Sector: Legal & Compliance||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Angelique Pearson|
Compliance Officer - Financial Services/Investments Sector| c£30,000k plus benefits package (Can be Part-time or Full Time) | Gibraltar
SRGEurope has been appointed to recruit an experienced Compliance Officer to join a successful International Investment company with an office in Gibraltar. The role is working within a small private family office and the successful Compliance Officer will be working closely with the MLRO. The Compliance Officer will be joining at a time of steady growth as well as managing a long established client base. You will be operating the Company's compliance, risk and corporate governance frameworks, have an inquisitive nature and ensure the Company comply with all applicable legislation and regulations. The role can be offered on a part time or full time basis.
Compliance Officer Responsibilities:
- Corresponding with potential clients to obtain all due diligence and KYC (both scan and hard copies of all documents) including rationale and source of wealth/funds etc for all new business transactions. Carrying out searches on individuals/entities for new and proposed business, carry out risk assessments as required and update.
- Corresponding with clients/contacts as required for KYC documents and/or changes to details or structure and/or source of wealth as applicable.
- Use of all compliance search resources including Worldcheck and Dow Jones.
- Periodically review clients/records to check activity changes and update KYC as required.
- Periodically update client profiles on search resources and maintain/update records. Use of Viewpoint software daily.
- Monitor Sanction List updates and results of automatic search tools.
- Dealing with any concerns staff may have relating to a business transaction or relationship they may be working on, update searches review company files/records etc. Prepare internal STR if necessary. Filing of any required internal documents to MLRO.
- FATCA/CRS - annual preparation of information and filings. Annual preparation and filing of Financial Crime Return.
- Maintain safe custody register records.
- Maintain training log register and attendance certificates and course material including arrangement and payment of training seminars for staff.
- Annual review of country risk matrix with Transparency International index. Amend/update countries accordingly. Annual internal compliance report.
- Responsible to update policies /procedures as required and working with the directors/MLRO as needed.
Compliance Officer Profile:
- Used to working in a small office/team environment
- Used to challenging and questioning information provided
- Strong attention to detail
- Minimum of 5 years working within a similar compliance role
- Have extensive working knowledge of View Point software and compliance search tools
- Part Time hours can be offered 9 until 3
Gibraltar is a British Overseas Territory on the edge of the Iberian Peninsula neighbouring Southern Spain. It boasts 300 days of sunshine per year, a relaxed out of work lifestyle and is easily accessible to the rest of Europe from Gibraltar and Malaga airports. The primary currency in Gibraltar is pounds/sterling and there are excellent English speaking schools if you are relocating with your family. We can even help you with your relocation process read more here: https://www.srgeurope.com/working-in-gibraltar/relocating-to-gibraltar
If you would like to proceed to the next stage press apply now, if you just want to know more e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or to call us, for Gibraltar +350 200 69999, for UK 0207 183 6462, we look forward to hearing from you.
Compliance Officer | Investments| Gibraltar | Regulation | FCA Guidelines| Regulatory Reporting