|Gibraltar, Gibraltar||Salary: Competitive Salary Plus Benefits|
|Sector: Legal & Compliance||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Angelique Pearson|
Compliance Officer | Motor Insurance Company | Salary £35 - 40,000 Plus Excellent Benefits | EU Applications Only | Gibraltar
SRGEurope have been appointed to recruit for an Insurance experienced Compliance Officer, the role reports to the Head of Finance (HOF).
The Compliance Officer is responsible for managing the day-to-day regulatory relationship with the GFSC, including timely submissions of all regulatory returns and fees.
Our client is a household name in the Insurance industry internationally and provides excellent career enhancing opportunities.
The Compliance Officer will be working within a small team in the Gibraltar office and will be required to contribute to the general office running. Local applications would be preferred but serious relocation candidates will also be considered.
Compliance Officer Role and Responsibilities:
- To ensure that the client complies with relevant statutory, legislative and regulatory requirements and has a robust control framework in place.
- Assisting with the Risk and Compliance Committee ("RCC") and business areas to understand their regulatory risks and obligations and have sufficient knowledge to make informed decisions regarding plans/actions to mitigate any risks.
- Assisting the HOF in advising the Board and RCC on all aspects of GFSC regulatory risk and compliance.
- Managing regulatory visit and requests for information.
- To advise and escalate to the HOF and Group Risk any breaches or 'near misses' regarding any material aspects of GFSC regulatory compliance.
- To oversee or, where applicable, manage, any projects arising from changes to regulatory rules or guidance, or the identification of any rule breaches requiring e.g. systems or process changes or customer remediation.
Compliance Officer Skills and Profile are:
- Experience operating in or managing a financial services compliance team.
- General Insurance experience.
- Prudential and Conduct regulation experience.
- Experience in developing and successfully delivering compliance projects/plans and the compliance elements of business strategies.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Professional qualifications / accreditation.
- Expert knowledge of GFSC and working knowledge of FOS, FCA, FSCS and The Equality Act.
- Experience of delivering compliance plans and projects.
- Planning and organisational skills, including the co-ordination and delivery of business change and continuous improvements.
- A positive "can-do" attitude.
- Ability to see big picture - and concentrate on key compliance issues and take pragmatic approach on both major and minor issues.
- To keep up to date with regulatory themes/hot topics - and deal with these in proactive way.
- Excellent at building relationships with good interpersonal and communication skills, able to influence local managers and staff effectively.
Gibraltar is a British Overseas Territory on the edge of the Iberian Peninsula neighbouring Southern Spain. It boasts 300 days of sunshine per year, a relaxed out of work lifestyle and is easily accessible to the rest of Europe from Gibraltar and Malaga airports. The primary currency in Gibraltar is pounds/sterling and there are excellent English speaking schools if you are relocating with your family. We can even help you with your relocation process read more here: https://www.srgeurope.com/working-in-gibraltar/relocating-to-gibraltar
If you would like to proceed to the next stage press apply now, if you just want to know more e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or to call us for Gibraltar +350 200 69999, for UK 0207 183 6462 we look forward to hearing from you.
Insurance | Compliance | Regulation | Group Risk | Control Framework