|Gibraltar, Gibraltar||Salary: Plus Benefits|
|Sector: Legal & Compliance||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Angelique Pearson|
Compliance Monitoring Officer | Competitive Salary + Benefits | Gibraltar
SRGEurope are seeking a Compliance Monitoring Officer on behalf of our client based in Gibraltar. Reporting to the Head of Risk and Compliance, the Compliance Monitoring Officer will essentially be responsible for ensuring our client remains in compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Establishing Risk-based monitoring programs.
- Conducting monitoring activities, identifying and reporting on control issues and actual or potential exposures.
- Where necessary in relation to specific Risks, supporting the Company's Risk & Compliance Specialist, review the suitability and performance of internal controls while monitoring activities, processes or departments of the Company or its outsourced partners.
- Determining compliance with internal policies and procedures.
- Verbally communicating findings to, and agreeing recommendations/deliverables with, relevant management before providing subsequent written reports containing details of such information as well as detailing deliverable owners.
- Managing the closure of monitoring report recommendations.
- Providing monitoring performance management information to the Head of Risk & Compliance for escalation to the Board or the Board's Risk & Compliance sub-committee.
- Ensuring that any lessons learnt from auditing is shared across all business areas.
- A thorough understanding of regulatory and legal frameworks as well as Compliance, Risk Management, control and governance.
- Two or more year's minimum monitoring experience in a regulated financial services environment.
- Strong analytical, written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong planning, managing and prioritising skills with both customer and commercial focus.
- Excellent eye for detail with heavy focus on accuracy and delivery.
- Ability to work under pressure and use own initiative.
- Strong report writing skills.
- Flexibility and change management.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Previous experience within insurance industry preferred.
Gibraltar is a British Overseas Territory on the edge of the Iberian Peninsula neighbouring Southern Spain. It boasts 300 days of sunshine per year, a relaxed out of work lifestyle and is easily accessible to the rest of Europe from Gibraltar and Malaga airports. The primary currency in Gibraltar is pounds/sterling and there are excellent English speaking schools if you are relocating with your family. We will help you with your relocation process about which you can read here: https://www.srgeurope.com/working-in-gibraltar/relocating-to-gibraltar
If you would like to proceed to the next stage press apply now, if you want to know more e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us for Gibraltar +350 200 69999, for UK 0207 183 6462 we look forward to hearing from you.
COMPLIANCE | REGULATION | RISK | INSURANCE | GIBRALTAR