|Gibraltar||Salary: Up to £75000 per annum + Competitive Salary Plus Benefits|
|Sector: Accounting & Finance||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Angelique Pearson|
Compliance Manager/MLRO | Salaryc£60 -75,000k DOE Plus Benefits | Financial Services | EU applicants may only apply | Gibraltar
SRGEurope are seeking an experienced Compliance Manager/MLRO who should have extensive knowledge of Compliance, Anti-Money Laundering and the Counter Financing of Terrorism, ideally within the Gibraltar Financial Services regulatory environment. The Compliance Manager/MLRO will have the utmost respect for confidentiality, be mature, confident and excellent interpersonal skills to fit within the specialist small team. The Compliance Manager/MLRO will hold the ability to interact effectively with Executive Management internally and from all sectors, including lawyers, auditors and most importantly, regulatory authorities.
Compliance Manager/ MLRO Responsibilities:
- Act as the Money Laundering Reporting Officer for the client.
- Prepare and deliver the annual report on AML to the Board and the Head of EU Compliance.
- Prepare, approve, and sign off on the annual compliance report for submission to the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission (GFSC).
- Maintain all risk and compliance functions in accordance with regulatory requirements and industry best practices;
- Act as the approved liaison with the GFSC. Build and maintain close working relationships with the GFSC and other regulators, where required, by responding to all regulatory questions and concerns and overseeing implementation of any, and all recommendations;
- Develop and implement compliance policies and procedures (AML/CTF program, including Sanctions policy etc.).
- Analyze, improve and structure all internal compliance procedures, reports and documentation;
- Receive, investigate and properly report any suspicious transaction regarding the clients programs and customers to the Gibraltar FIU;
- Act as primary point of contact for law enforcement requests specifically regarding activities of the client;
- Conduct quality assurance checks on the Customer Due Diligence (CDD)/ Know Your Customer (KYC) reviews, SAR escalation process, Sanctions & PEPs screening etc. and conduct regular assessments as to the effectiveness of the AML/CTF/Sanctions Program, including appropriate monitoring processes;
- Serve as an escalation point of contact for back office teams;
- Review and sign off the entity annual AML/Sanctions Risk Assessments
- Identify and report any risk and compliance issues to the Board of Directors on a regular basis;
- Manage a small compliance team, including mentoring and evaluation;
- Ad hoc projects.
Compliance Manager/ MLRO Profile:
- Eligible to work in Gibraltar;
- Degree/higher qualification or equivalent qualifications preferable;
- Proven MLRO / Compliance Officer experience (5+ years);
- Previous management/leadership experience (3+ years);
- Extensive knowledge of the financial services industry and regulatory landscape on the local and European level (POCA, PSD2, AML Directives, E-money Directive etc.);
- Good organisational and analytical skills combined with innovative thinking
- Open communicator - excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Critical problem solver;
- Occasional travelling is required.
Gibraltar is a British Overseas Territory on the edge of the Iberian Peninsula neighbouring Southern Spain. It boasts 300 days of sunshine per year, a relaxed out of work lifestyle and is easily accessible to the rest of Europe from Gibraltar and Malaga airports. The primary currency in Gibraltar is pounds/sterling and there are excellent English speaking schools if you are relocating with your family. We will help you with your relocation process about which you can read here: https://www.srgeurope.com/working-in-gibraltar/relocating-to-gibraltar
If you have the necessary attributes as Head of Compliance/MLRO to succeed in this role, please apply now for immediate consideration.
Compliance Manager | MLRO | Counter Financing of Terrorism | AML | CFT