|Gibraltar,||Salary: £35000 per annum + Plus benefits|
|Sector: Accounting & Finance, Legal & Compliance, Business Support||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Angelique Pearson|
Company Secretary – Professional Sector – Gibraltar - Qualified or Part Qualified ICSA or STEP - Salary – c£35,000 plus benefits
We have been appointed to recruit an ICSA or STEP qualified, part qualified or Qualified By Exprience Company Secretary for a leading Professional Services Company with their Head Office based in Gibraltar. The successful Company Secretary will have a number of years experience ideally within the Legal/Financial Services sectors and be able to demonstrate good Company management skills also.. The Company Secretary will report directly to the Company Secretarial Manager on all Company related matters. This company has seen excellent growth over the past year and offers excellent career progression for all staff.
Company Secretary Responsibilities:
- Convene, attend and take minutes at board meetings, recording discussions and decisions, drafting minutes, liaising with client teams (all levels of staff) for comments prior to external circulation
- Liaise with Board members and other relevant parties in respect of meeting arrangements and compliance with formalities
- Manage the timely preparation of board minutes for each client
- Provide company secretarial support for the set-up of corporate entities and LPs in various jurisdictions
- Ensure adherence to good corporate governance principles concerning all Company Secretarial matters
- Make stock exchange filings and delegated listing functions
- Co-ordinate the preparation of agendas and board packs and their timely circulation and dispatch in conjunction with the fund administrators and other Company Secretarial team members
- Prepare agendas, notices, proxies and other supporting documents for General Meetings, including liaison with relevant legal advisors
- Ensure the timely dispatch and collation of proxies where the client entity does not use an external registrar and liaise with other staff members to ensure a quorum is obtained
- Have all round knowledge of Company Registration process
- Ensure that statutory filings (or other similar jurisdictional requirements) and payment of relevant fees are completed within statutory time frames
- Ensure that relevant resolutions are passed to comply with statutory requirements and to create corporate statutory records and set up on Viewpoint for all new entities
- Input changes into the Viewpoint system in accordance with agreed procedures and to ensure that corporate documents are scanned and indexed in the Document Management System in the correct place in accordance with filing structure
- Assist in co-ordinating Company Secretarial aspects of fund launches
Company Secretary Requirements:
- At least 3 to 5 years experience working in a Company Secretarial/Company Management area, fund administration, legal environment
- Either qualified or part qualified ICSA/STEP or equivalent qualification (or advanced training toward these qualifications) would be an advantage. candidates qulified by experience will also be considered.
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- The ability to gain a good knowledge and awareness of the professional services
- Very good working knowledge of Word and Excel. A working knowledge and experience of Viewpoint and/or other systems would be preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well within a team as well as on own initiative.
- The ability to keep clear and concise records and to add value to the Company Secretarial role.
- Good experience of writing concise and accurate minutes.
- Familiarity with Gibraltar FSC and its processes would be ideal or the UK FSA
If you feel this is the right kind of challenge for you as a Company Secretary then please send your CV without delay as the client is interviewing.
Skills Company Secretarial, Administration , Business Support , Compliance , Legal , ICSA , STEP