|Gibraltar||Salary: Competitive Salary + Benefits|
|Sector: Insurance Industry||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Angelique Pearson|
Chief Executive Officer (CEO) | Personal Lines Insurance | Gibraltar
SRGEurope have been appointed to recruit a Chief Executive Officer for a dynamic high scale start-up company in Gibraltar with their Headquarters in the UK. The Chief Executive Officer will be responsible for ensuring the overall success of the Companies underwriting activities and for making top-level managerial decisions including setting and overseeing the strategic direction of the Company. The successful CEO will be required to serve as an Executive Director of the Company and act as the primary liaison with the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission.
If this is the kind of career enhancing challenge you seek here in Gibraltar then this could be the role for you.
What's on offer to you?
- Above Gibraltar Market Salary Package
- Professional development budget
- Health and wellbeing budget
- 25 days of holiday a year (plus public holidays)
- Increases to all allowances year on year
- Enhanced parental leave
What You Will Be Doing
- Oversee preparation and implementation of the Board-approved annual budget and business plan.
- Ensure the Company maintains compliance with all internal policies and regulatory standards and guidelines.
- Lead the Board in strategic planning for the Company.
- Provide input into the drafting of all required regulatory documents including the ORSA, SFCR, RSR and Governance Frameworks.
- Serve as Chief Executive Officer, a Board level Director and Claims and Underwriting Committee Member for the Limited.
- Liaise with the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission and other key stakeholders as required in relation to all matters pertaining to the Company.
- Work alongside and manage the Claims and Underwriting Director and the relationship with the Insurance Manager.
- Create and maintain an organizational culture driven by teamwork, ethical practices and the Company's values.
- Foster external relationships with all relevant stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain open communication between the Board, staff and outsourced service providers.
- Review and approve for circulation to the wider Board ongoing MI produced by the Claims and Underwriting Director and the key outsourced service provider.
To Succeed In This Role
- Successful track record in managing insurance companies in personal lines of business.
- Possess extensive prior leadership and Board level managerial experience.
- Possess adequate knowledge and skills to be approved as both an Executive Director and as the Chief Executive Officer by the GFSC.
- Possess a solid understanding of Solvency II requirements.
- Possess a broad understanding of corporate governance and risk requirements.
- Experience of working on new product launches and operating in environments with a high degree of uncertainty.
- Experience in arranging and managing reinsurance, both XoL and quota share.
Gibraltar is a British Overseas Territory on the edge of the Iberian Peninsula neighbouring Southern Spain. It boasts 300 days of sunshine per year, a relaxed out of work lifestyle and is easily accessible to the rest of Europe from Gibraltar and Malaga airports. The primary currency in Gibraltar is pounds/sterling and there are excellent English speaking schools if you are relocating with your family. We will help you with your relocation process about which you can read here: https://www.srgeurope.com/working-in-gibraltar/relocating-to-gibraltar
Please click on the 'apply' button and upload your CV and a Cover Letter or alternatively contact Angelique Pearson, Managing Director by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 00350 200 69999
CEO | Personal Lines Insurance | Underwriting | Director | Gibraltar