|Gibraltar, Gibraltar||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Business Support||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Angelique Pearson|
Charity Manager - Professional Services - Gibraltar | Salary Package c£ Market rate depending on experience and qualifications | UK and EU Applicants Only Considered
SRGEurope are recruiting an experienced Charity Manager to work for a professional services company based in Gibraltar. The successful Charity Manager will ideally have a Degree or similar with at least five years senior level experience in managing projects or programmes. Experience of education or community programmes is a distinct advantage. This role reports directly to the Board of Trustees for the charitable organisation. The Charity Manager will manage all aspects of the grants and operations of the Trust. Our client is a registered charity in Gibraltar supporting local community projects, promoting excellence in education and assisting local charities to be more effective.
The Charity Manager's Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Grants Development and Management - Identify, develop and recommend programmes for funding in Gibraltar in line with the strategic priorities and potential for sustainable impact. Assess initial grant applications, make recommendations to the Board, finalise funding proposals, prepare grant agreements and establish and maintain effective grant management and monitoring systems.
- Operations Management - Manage all aspects of the operations and administration of the client including establishing and maintaining appropriate filing systems. Coordinate all Board and other relevant meetings and events, including preparing briefing materials, meetings packs and minutes. Ensure compliance in all areas.
- Reporting - Establish and maintain systems for reporting from grantees and to the donor. The timely production of regular high quality grant and management reports. Prepare and submit high quality monthly, quarterly and annual programme and financial reports, including updates on projects and proposals, case studies and relevant developments.
- Communications, representation and publications - Prepare high quality programme updates and reports for internal and external use, including the website, newsletters, quarterly reports and annual reports. Manage all communications including social media, blog posts, and incoming post and emails. Build effective working relationships with grantees, potential grantees and relevant government departments.
- Other responsibilities - Research and keep up-to-date with relevant developments in the education and charitable sector in Gibraltar and internationally. Provide support and advice to local charities to maximise their impact. Any other duties as reasonably requested.
The Charity Manager Specification
- A Degree or other equivalent professional qualification in a relevant discipline
- Proven senior management experience, including the ability to innovate, manage risks and motivate and harness the skills of others
- Proven experience of providing high quality project management support
- Experience and understanding of financial management, including developing and managing project and organisational budgets
- Demonstrated ability to engage and communicate (verbally and in writing) effectively with diverse individuals from a range of backgrounds including Board members and senior Government officials
- Excellent organisational and planning skills with a high level of attention to accuracy
- Strong interpersonal, networking, communications (written and verbal in English), problem solving, analytical and team working skills
- Ability to prioritise a diverse workload and meet deadlines
Do you have what it takes to apply for this challenging Charity Manager role?
Apply now to Angelique Pearson to find out more and receive a full job description. The selection process begins immediately.
Please note all applicants must hold an EU Passport and be eligible to work in Gibraltar.
Charity Manager, Project Management, Grants, Reporting, Trustees, Programme Management, Shareholders