|Gibraltar||Salary: Plus excellent benefits and relocation|
|Sector: Online Gaming, Tech||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Kirsten Jefferson|
BI Tester - Gibraltar - Competitive Salary and Benefits- Gaming Company
SRGEurope have been appointed to recruit a BI Tester to join an International Gaming Company. Our client is an international business which offers ample opportunities to progress your career, they also offer an attractive relocation package for candidates moving to Gibraltar. The BI Tester will be expected to contribute to all aspects of technical testing and QA. Your technical knowledge and exposure will be sufficient to understand the principles of BI design and development and you will be proficient enough in SQL to interrogate databases on SQL Server, Oracle and Informix technologies.
You will work closely with in house and third party development teams to identify and resolve defects in an accurate and timely manner and the ability to understand the relative priority and impact of defects in business terms.
BI Tester duties include but are not limited to:
- Planning and logging of test scenarios, the automation of testing where possible and the raising of defects with in the Jira tracking system.
- You will be required to work within an Agile development framework.
- You may need to travel to offshore/third party sites in India and the UK as and when the role requires.
- Fully understand the data within the core business systems. This will include ensuring all data is mapped correctly for KPI and analytic reporting purposes and that this it in line with the business operational approach
- Understand the mappings of source systems to dimensional data models in the target data warehouse schema and analytical cubes
- Test Extract Transformation and Load (ETL) processes developed using Oracle ODI, SSIS TSQL and .NET in order to ensure the accuracy of data mapping and applied business rules.
- Test the accuracy of key reporting KPIs within MS SSIS analysis cubes and SSRS reports
- Regression testing of software prior to code releases
- Liaise with the development teams during system testing phases of the project to identify and work to resolve defects
- Liaise with business analysts and key stake holders during user acceptance testing phases of a project to ensure that deliverables are meeting set business requirements and working to achieve this if not
- Make defect prioritisation decisions based upon considering both technical merit and business value
- Ensure that standardised testing processes are in place and followed
BI Tester Specialist Skills and Experience Required:
- Degree in a computer science or related discipline
- Previous experience of testing large scale BI solutions integrating with 20+ source and target systems
- Experience of testing complex data warehouse ETL processes
- Experience with automated testing tools
- Understanding of Dimensional data modelling
- SQL competency across multiple database technologies (SQL Server, Oracle Informix)
- Experience of collaborating with third party development
- A good understanding of the BI development lifecycle
- An understanding of the industry standard best practice testing principles
- Experience of working within an Agile framework
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Manage your own time effectively, plan ahead and adopt a methodical approach to your work
Our client is one of Europe's leading Gaming companies; they have a strong market share and play a dominant role in the Gaming arena. Their long established retail and online brands provide excellent opportunities for highly driven candidates, giving rapid career progression to exceptional employees.
Please click on the 'apply' button and upload your CV or alternatively contact Kirsten Jefferson, Recruitment Consultant on 00350 200 69999. We have a variety of jobs ranging from £25k-£150k, so if this one is not suitable please get in touch to discuss other exciting opportunities you can apply for.
Skills: BI , Business Intelligence, Testing, Automation, BI development lifecycle, SQL Server, Oracle Informix