|York, North Yorkshire||Salary: £20000 - £30000 per annum + Plus benefits|
|Sector: Tech||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Kirsten Jefferson|
Backend PHP Developer | Salary £20,000 - £30,000 plus benefits including drinks on Fridays, flexible holidays | Digital Agency / Web Development Company | York , England
SRGEurope have been appointed to recruit a Backend PHP Developer to join an exciting growing award winning company which offers their services globally, and will offer you the opportunity to join a talented team in a friendly environment. They work with companies globally from start ups to larger international businesses.
Backend PHP Developer Duties include but are not limited to:
- Work on both client projects and your own products.
- You will work on bespoke websites and web applications both independently and as part of a team
- The ability to use your initiative is a must in what is a fast paced and ever changing environment.
- You should have experience working with MySQL, OOP, MVC and a PHP framework such as Laravel (or be willing and keen to learn with direction).
- They use a cutting-edge tech stack including the latest versions of PHP, Laravel and Elastic Search.
- Have zero-downtime deployment set up on several projects and take advantage of Travis CI to ensure our code is consistently stable.
- Fast moving team and allow developers to shape the workflow if you can demonstrate improvement.
Backend PHP Developer Skills and Experience required:
- Minimum requirement is 1 years' commercial experience in PHP development.
- OO PHP 7 / MVC
- MySQL 5.7
- Commercial awareness. You understand that you're spending other people's money to solve business critical problems, not geeking out for the sake of it
- Self-sufficiency: initiative, time management, multi-tasking
Backend PHP Developer Desirable Skills and Experience required:
- Laravel 5.5
- Frontend UI development (not to fully build, but have the confidence to do small changes - HTML5, LESS, Gulp, Webpack)
- API development experience
- Mobile development experience
- Unix (daily desktop usage & server admin)
Our client is an exciting start up within the digital industry and offers you the opportunity to join a highly talented team producing award winning work for a global client base.
Please click on the 'apply' button and upload your CV or alternatively contact Kirsten Jefferson, Recruitment Consultant on 0207 183 6462.
We have a variety of jobs ranging from £25k-£150k, so if this one is not suitable please get in touch to discuss other exciting opportunities you can apply for.