|England||Salary: £70000 - £90000 per annum + Competitive Salary + Benefits|
|Sector: Tech||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Richard Bayliss|
Backend Developer |Technology |Remote UK only | Go / Golang
SRGEurope have been appointed to recruit an experienced Backend Developer for an exciting high scale start-up company based in the UK.
We work in a highly collaborative fashion, and maintain an open and transparent work environment. Our engineers don't just write code or implement against a spec. You'll be expected and encouraged to take part in the entire product development process from problem-discovery to solution design, to implementation and rollout.
If you are an experienced Backend Developer and looking to take the next step in your career then this could be the role for you.
What's on offer to you?
- Professional development budget
- Brand new MacBook
- Health and wellbeing budget
- Enhanced parental leave
- Workplace pension scheme
- 33 days of holiday a year (including public holidays )
- Very flexible work from home or at the office arrangements
- Referral bonus when you bring your friends to join our team
- A day off to volunteer
- One-to-one sessions with our Sanctus coach, giving you a safe space to talk about your mental health
- Fully stocked beer and soft drink fridge - we do team drinks every Thursday
- Regular team lunches
- Monthly team outings (so far we've done things like karaoke, go-karting, bowling and comedy night)
- Office library full of great books
- Fresh fruit and breakfast club every day
- Season ticket loans
- Cycle to work scheme
What You Will Be Doing
- You'll work in one of our cross-functional product squads, helping the team achieve their goals - whether that's building a new service in our backend platform, creating a new version of an existing API to deliver a new feature, or creating a CLI tool to automate something.
What You Will Need to Succeed In This Role
- Have genuine interest and curiosity about our product, and consumer insurance in general
- Enjoy working as a team to solve problems collaboratively
- Have around 5 years of experience building rock-solid backend systems and APIs
- Have a track record of shipping great quality code with real customer impact
- Be comfortable and productive working with Go / Golang
- We don't require commercial Go experience but you would be expected to have a basic understanding and a willingness to learn. Having a background with at least one statically-typed language is a good sign.
Please click on the 'apply' button and upload your CV and a Cover Letter or alternatively contact Robert Ally, Consultant by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 183 6462