|Edinburgh, Scotland||Salary: Plus benefits|
|Sector: Accounting & Finance||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Sarah Cairns|
Join an award winning Top 20 chartered accountancy firm with offices in Edinburgh as an Audit Trainee. The Audit Trainee will provide complete and efficient delivery to the audit department management team and the Edinburgh office partners. This is a mixed role that will include undertaking audits and accounts work, both in the office and at client premises.
The Audit Trainee Responsibilities:
Produce straightforward draft financial statements in statutory format using the firm's accounting software;
- Complete disclosure checklists for companies preparing accounts under UK GAAP;
- Prepare audit planning documentation for review by the supervisor;
- Attend simple stock stakes;
- Carry out basic audit tests as part of a team in relation to other statutory or non-statutory audits and due diligence work;
- Prepare annual returns and other documents for filing with Companies House;
- Complete company statutory books;
- Identify basic tax adjustments arising from accounts production and audit work;
- Prepare simple corporation tax returns using the firm's taxation software.
Applicants may be a graduate/AAT qualified and/or part qualified ICAS/ACCA (first time passes in the professional exams to date will be expected).
- Professional training experience should have been broad based with exposure to a good range of clients both in size and sector.
- 1-2 years' experience in the delivery of external audit and accounting services. A range of experience across client type and size would be desirable but is not essential.
- Seeks self-development and provides support that enables others to develop within the firm.
- In addition to the above the individual should be organised and commercially minded. They should display a flexible, professional approach and have the confidence and ability to establish credibility with Partners and clients.
Our client is one of the UK's top 20 accountancy practices with a network of nine offices in the UK plus offices in Guernsey, Geneva and Zurich. They provide excellent training and development opportunities for staff. They are also very proud to have been named as one of 'Britain's Top Employers' for the 14th consecutive year.
If you would like to proceed to the next stage press apply now, if you want to know more e-mail us at email@example.com or call us for Gibraltar +350 200 69999, for UK 0207 183 6462 we look forward to hearing from you.