|Scotland, Scotland||Salary: £35000 - £42000 per annum + Excellent benefits|
|Sector: Accounting & Finance||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Sarah Cairns|
Audit Senior - £35,000 -£42,000 + excellent benefits - Chartered Accountancy firm, Elgin or Inverness
SRGEurope have been appointed to recruit an Audit Senior to work for a large independent firm of Chartered Accountants and Business Advisers in Scotland.
As the Audit Senior you will be responsible for controlling the day to day Audit work typically flag up issues and concerns to the Audit Manager at an early stage; train Assistants as needed; ensure deadlines and budgets are met and the Audit file is presented for review as a substantially complete file, finished to a good standard and signed off. The successful candidate will be responsible for working closely with the Audit Manager and Assistants to ensure the Audit work is handled efficiently and effectively from start to finish and is done in accordance with the Firm's Audit Policy and other relevant policies and processes.
The Audit Senior Responsibilities:
- Arranging the timing of the Audit work with the Audit Manager responsible for the client.
- Planning, scheduling and delegating work to Audit Assistants, as available, ensuring the most complex work is completed as soon as practical; the Audit Assistants are supported as necessary to complete their work to the standard required; work expected from the client which is incomplete is passed back to the client and is noted for the manager's attention; and the Audit work is completed on time and to a high standard.
- Monitoring budgeted versus actual time spent, flagging up scope issues, on-site issues and overruns to the Audit Manager on a timely basis.
- Keeping the client's staff informed of progress and issues while maintaining confidentiality.
- Auditing the draft tax computation and tax provisions with supporting schedules and liaising with the tax staff to get these reviewed as required.
- Preparing the draft financial statements to a reasonable standard, free from quality control issues
The Audit Senior Candidate:
- CA qualified or equivalent
- Practical experience of using software systems in the preparation of Audit files, financial statements and audit working papers.
- The successful candidate will also have good organisational skills and be pro-active in their approach to their work.
Our client's style is personal and they value their strong client relationships and genuinely partner-led service. Providing excellent training and development opportunities for staff is an important part of what they do, as their long - standing Investors in People accreditation demonstrates, also they have been named as one of 'Britain's Top Employers' for the twelfth consecutive year.
Please click on the 'apply' button and upload your CV or alternatively contact Sarah Cairns, Recruitment Consultant on 0131 510 0024.
We have a variety of jobs within the Accountancy and Finance sector ranging from £25k-£150k, so if this one is not suitable please get in touch to discuss other exciting opportunities you can apply for.
Skills: CTA , ACCA , CA , ACA , CIMA , Audit , Senior , Accountancy