|Leeds, West Yorkshire||Salary: Plus Benefits|
|Sector: Accounting & Finance||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Morgan Bowden|
Audit Senior - Qualified - Leeds | Competitive salary plus benefits | ACCA | ACA | Leeds
SRGEurope have been appointed to recruit an Audit Senior to join an award winning Top 20 chartered accountancy firm with offices in Leeds city centre. The Audit and Accounts department provides a wide range of advisory, audit and accounting services to clients. The mix of work in the team is varied and consists of a few hundred clients including limited companies, partnerships, high net worth individuals and trusts. Your time will split approximately 60% lead role on statutory audits; 15% preparing financial statements in respect of limited companies, partnerships and trusts; 5% preparation of the first draft of the company tax returns for accounts assignments; 10% training, marketing and other non-chargeable activities; 10% ad hoc projects/reports for the client base.
- Management and delivery of accounts and audit assignments
- Supervise, delegate and review work of juniors
- Deliver information to client in timely manner
- Display in depth client and technical knowledge
- Identify cross selling opportunities
- Manage client communication in effective manner
- Monitor chargeability on a weekly basis
- Plan Audit assignments, including budgeting and use of analytical review
- Lead audits
- Identify where there are shortfalls of work to cover chargeability and alert Managers
- Communicate to management progress on workload and plan for efficient completion
- Applicants may be CA/ACA/ACCA fully qualified and good pass rates in the professional exams would also be expected.
- Professional training experience should have been broad based with exposure to a wide range of clients both in size and sector, although experience of owner managed businesses is preferred.
- Previous experience of using computerised audit packages is useful.
- Experience should also include providing detailed journal assistance to clients where necessary.
- Thinks widely and laterally to identify and consider different options before determining the best solution.
- Motivates self and others to succeed for the benefit of the firm.
- Excellent communicator
Our client is one of the UK's top 20 accountancy practices with a network of offices. They provide excellent training and development opportunities for staff. This is great chance to have exposure within a small team in a large firm.
Please click on the 'apply' button and upload your CV or alternatively contact Morgan Bowden Recruitment Consultant on 0207 183 6462.
| ACCA | AUDIT | ACA | ACCOUNTANCY | LEEDS |