|Birmingham, West Midlands||Salary: Plus Benefits|
|Sector: Accounting & Finance||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Morgan Bowden|
Audit Senior - Qualified - Birmingham | Competitive salary plus benefits | ACCA | ACA | Birmingham
SRGEurope have been appointed to recruit an Audit Senior to join an award winning Top 20 chartered accountancy firm with offices in Birmingham. The Audit and Accounts department provides a wide range of advisory, audit and accounting services to clients. The mix of work in the team is varied and consists of a few hundred clients including limited companies, partnerships, high net worth individuals and trusts. Your time will split approximately 60% lead role on statutory audits; 15% preparing financial statements in respect of limited companies, partnerships and trusts; 5% preparation of the first draft of the company tax returns for accounts assignments; 10% training, marketing and other non-chargeable activities; 10% ad hoc projects/reports for the client base.
- Management and delivery of accounts and audit assignments
- Supervise, delegate and review work of juniors
- Deliver information to client in timely manner
- Display in depth client and technical knowledge
- Identify cross selling opportunities
- Manage client communication in effective manner
- Monitor chargeability on a weekly basis
- Plan Audit assignments, including budgeting and use of analytical review
- Lead audits
- Identify where there are shortfalls of work to cover chargeability and alert Managers
- Communicate to management progress on workload and plan for efficient completion
- Applicants may be CA/ACA/ACCA fully qualified and good pass rates in the professional exams would also be expected.
- Professional training experience should have been broad based with exposure to a wide range of clients both in size and sector, although experience of owner managed businesses is preferred.
- Previous experience of using computerised audit packages is useful.
- Experience should also include providing detailed journal assistance to clients where necessary.
- Thinks widely and laterally to identify and consider different options before determining the best solution.
- Motivates self and others to succeed for the benefit of the firm.
- Excellent communicator
Our client is one of the UK's top 20 accountancy practices with a network of offices. They provide excellent training and development opportunities for staff. This is great chance to have exposure within a small team in a large firm.
Please click on the 'apply' button and upload your CV or alternatively contact Morgan Bowden Recruitment Consultant on 0207 183 6462.
| ACCA | AUDIT | ACA | ACCOUNTANCY | BIRMINGHAM