|Gibraltar||Salary: Competitive Salary Plus Benefits|
|Sector: Accounting & Finance||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Angelique Pearson|
Audit Senior | Salary c£40 -50,000k + benefits DOE | Gibraltar
SRGEurope is recruiting for a professional services Company firm based in Gibraltar who are in a phase of expansion due to new client acquisition. The appointed Audit Senior will deal with all matters relating to the management of a varied portfolio of clients in Gibraltar, UK and other jurisdictions. The Audit Senior will carry out audits, accounts assignments, management accounts and tax services as allocated by the Audit Manager. In return our client is offering an excellent salary package and benefits within an organisation where you will be recognised, rewarded and have the opportunity to excel, progress and share in the company success.
The appointed Audit Senior Main Duties will be:
- Planning Assignments, including the preparation/updating of the Audit files and briefing the team.
- Preparing audit assignment papers and budgets.
- Ensuring that jobs are completed on time and within budget.
- Completing audit programmes. Where applicable, contacting the client to arrange the timing of assignments and attendance at stocktakes by way of an example.
- Attending stock-takes.
- Preparation of Corporation Tax or Income Tax computations
- Controlling assignments and ensuring that each section of the allocated assignment is completed within the agreed budget.
- Managing a team whilst out on site to ensure the team produces high quality work and are motivated to achieve high standards.
- Prepare and carry out end of job appraisals for the team.
- Presenting Audit Managers with a complete assignment file with minimal review points.
- Draft Accounts.
- Detailed costing of time budget.
- Management Letter points.
- To clear review points and put through adjustments to the accounts.
- To keep time records up to date on a day-to-day basis and complete weekly Timesheets
- To liaise with the Income Tax Office when necessary and deal with any queries raised.
- Keep technically up to date.
- Be aware of developments concerning client affairs and to actively identify opportunities to provide additional services to clients.
- Any other task as reasonably required to ensure the smooth running of the job and the department.
The appointed Audit Senior Profile is:
- Qualified ACCA or ACA, or equivalent, with good technical competence including solid audit experience on a mix of clients.
- Experience in the audit of hotels and leisure sector is an advantage but not essential.
- Knowledge of current Gibraltar GAAP is ideal.
- Highly IT literate in Microsoft Word and Excel. Sage and CCH experience an advantage.
- Proven skills in audit planning, fieldwork and file completion.
- Proven skills in supervising and managing staff.
- Enthusiasm to assist with departmental responsibilities beyond the audits, for example business development activities or training of juniors.
Our client is an International Chartered Accountancy firm based in Gibraltar. They offer a unique environment to attract the best candidates and provide them with real career opportunities. Gibraltar is a recognised financial jurisdiction with an excellent working environment, sunshine 300 days and a wealth of activities and places to explore.
Gibraltar is a British Overseas Territory on the edge of the Iberian Peninsula neighbouring Southern Spain. It boasts 300 days of sunshine per year, a relaxed out of work lifestyle and is easily accessible to the rest of Europe from Gibraltar and Malaga airports. The primary currency in Gibraltar is pounds/sterling and there are excellent English speaking schools if you are relocating with your family. We will help you with your relocation process about which you can read here: https://www.srgeurope.com/working-in-gibraltar/relocating-to-gibraltar
Apply now without delay to find out more, our client is already booking interview slots
Audit Senior | ACA | ACCA |Audit | Gibraltar | Client Management