|Manchester, Greater Manchester||Salary: Competitive Salary + Plus Benefits|
|Sector: Accounting & Finance||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Morgan Bowden|
Audit Senior - Qualified - Manchester | Competitive salary plus benefits including life assurance, paid overtime, interest free season ticket loan, pension, annual salary reviews, profit sharing, childcare vouchers | ACCA | ACA | Manchester
SRGEurope have been appointed to recruit an Audit Senior to join an award winning Top 20 chartered accountancy firm with offices in Manchester. The Audit and Accounts department provides a wide range of advisory, audit and accounting services to clients. Your time will split approximately 60% lead role on statutory audits; 15% preparing financial statements in respect of limited companies, partnerships and trusts; 5% preparation of the first draft of the company tax returns for accounts assignments; 10% training, marketing and other non-chargeable activities; 10% ad hoc projects/reports for the client base. The Manchester audit team, which provides a wide range of audit, advisory, accounting and tax services to our clients and to provide support to the partners and managers. The mix of work in the team is varied and consists of a few hundred clients including limited companies, partnerships, high net worth individuals and trusts.
Audit Senior - Qualified Responsibilities
Management and delivery of accounts and audit assignments
Supervise, delegate and review work of juniors
Deliver information to client in timely manner
Display in depth client and technical knowledge
Identify cross selling opportunities
Manage client communication in effective manner
Monitor chargeability on a weekly basis
Plan Audit assignments, including budgeting and use of analytical review
Identify where there are shortfalls of work to cover chargeability and alert Managers
Communicate to management progress on workload and plan for efficient completion
Audit Senior - Qualified Requirements
- Applicants may be CA/ACA/ACCA qualified and good pass rates in the professional exams would also be expected.
- Professional training experience should have been broad based with exposure to a wide range of clients both in size and sector, although experience of owner managed businesses is preferred.
- Previous experience of using computerised audit packages is useful.
- Experience should also include providing detailed journal assistance to clients where necessary.
- Thinks widely and laterally to identify and consider different options before determining the best solution.
- Motivates self and others to succeed for the benefit of the firm.
- Excellent communicator
Our client is one of the UK's top 20 accountancy practices with a network of nine offices in the UK plus offices in Guernsey, Geneva and Zurich. They provide excellent training and development opportunities for staff. They are also very proud to have been named as one of 'Britain's Top Employers' for the 14th consecutive year.
Please click on the 'apply' button and upload your CV or alternatively contact Sarah Cairns, Recruitment Consultant on 0131 510 0024.