|Leeds, West Yorkshire||Salary: £19000 - £24000 per annum + Competitve Salary + Benefits|
|Sector: Accounting & Finance||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Morgan Bowden|
Audit Semi-Senior | ACCA Part Qualified | ACCA | ACA Competitive salary plus benefits including life assurance, pension, annual salary reviews, profit sharing | Leeds
SRGEurope have been appointed to recruit an Audit Semi-Senior to join an award winning Top 20 chartered accountancy firm with offices across all of the UK. The Leeds audit team which provides a wide range of audit, advisory, accounting and tax services to our clients and to provide support to the partners and managers. The mix of work for the Audit Semi-Senior within the team is varied and consists of a few hundred clients including limited companies, partnerships, high net worth individuals and trusts.
Audit Semi-Senior Responsibilities
- Produce straightforward draft financial statements in statutory format using the firm's accounting software;
- Complete disclosure checklists for companies preparing accounts under UK GAAP;
- Prepare audit planning documentation for review by the supervisor;
- Attend simple stock stakes;
- Carry out basic audit tests as part of a team in relation to other statutory or non-statutory audits and due diligence work;
- Prepare annual returns and other documents for filing with Companies House;
- Complete company statutory books;
- Identify basic tax adjustments arising from accounts production and audit work;
- Prepare simple corporation tax returns using the firm's taxation software.
Audit Semi-Senior Requirements
- Applicants may be CA/ACA/ACCA part-qualified and good pass rates in the professional exams would also be expected.
- 1-2 years' experience within a practice is essential with experience in the delivery of external audit and accounting services. A range of experience across client type and size would be desirable but is not essential.
- Previous experience of using SAGE/Xero and/or other cloud based software.
- Seeks self-development and provides support that enables others to develop within the firm.
- In addition to the above the individual should be organised and commercially minded. They should display a flexible, professional approach and have the confidence and ability to establish credibility with Partners and clients.
Our client is one of the UK's top 20 accountancy practices with a network of offices. They provide excellent training and development opportunities for staff. This is truly a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious, experienced Audit Junior looking for their first role in a Top Firm.
Please click on the 'apply' button and upload your CV or alternatively contact Morgan Bowden Recruitment Consultant on 0207 183 6462.
ACCA | AUDIT | ACA | ACCOUNTANCY | LEEDS