|Gibraltar||Salary: Competitive Salary Plus Benefits|
|Sector: Accounting & Finance||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Angelique Pearson|
Audit Associate (Part Qualified ACA or ACCA) or similar | Salary £Competitive plus benefits package, generous holiday allowance + 12 days bank holiday | Gibraltar
SRGEurope are currently recruiting for a large, international Chartered Accountancy firm. The firm who are listed in the UKs Top 10 firms are looking to appoint a part qualified Audit Associate to join their team in the Gibraltar office.
This is a great opportunity for a part qualified ACCA, ACA (or equivalent) Audit Associate to join a global company in one of their smaller offices. This role will allow exposure to a variety of diverse clients with less internal competition, leading to quick progression within the firm. For this reason, the firm are looking for someone with a strong track record within practice ideally with a minimum of 2 years of experience within audit.
The principal responsibility of the Audit Associate is to directly perform work for audit & accounting engagements, ensuring they meet deadlines and budget restraints.
Audit Associate Responsibilities:
- Understand the audit approach and be able to assist in the planning of an ISA compliant audit;
- Able to understand and explain areas of the audit approach to assistants;
- Communicate and summarise identified risks to management in a timely manner;
- Ensure audit work done is documented and concluded upon;
- Critically consider business systems and processes and make constructive comments to senior members of the client service team;
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge and application of accounting standards (IFRS/ FRS 102);
- Demonstrate a working knowledge and application of auditing standards (ISA's);
- Apply knowledge communicated by senior colleagues;
- Demonstrate aptitude to identify technical issues;
- Determine client needs and communicate to the client service team;
- Complete client tasks with a sense of urgency, practicality and integrity;
- Develop good working relationships with relevant client personnel;
- Maintain regular communication with team and supervisor;
- Actively participate in the development of other team members;
- Participate in the firms' performance management processes;
Audit Associate Requirements:
- Be a part-qualified accountant ACCA or ACA or similar;
- Be working towards and taking exams to become a qualified accountant;
- Have at least 2 years' experience in an audit environment;
- Presentation skills; and
- PC literate, particularly with audit & accounting software and Excel and Word.
Gibraltar is a British Overseas Territory on the edge of the Iberian Peninsula neighbouring Southern Spain. It boasts 300 days of sunshine per year, a relaxed out of work lifestyle and is easily accessible to the rest of Europe from Gibraltar and Malaga airports. The primary currency in Gibraltar is pounds/sterling and there are excellent English speaking schools if you are relocating with your family. We will help you with your relocation process about which you can read here: https://www.srgeurope.com/working-in-gibraltar/relocating-to-gibraltar
If you would like to proceed to the next stage press apply now, if you want to know more e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us for Gibraltar +350 200 69999, for UK 0207 183 6462 we look forward to hearing from you.
We have a variety of jobs ranging from £25k-£150k, so if this one is not suitable please visit our website www.srgeurope.com for other exciting opportunities you can apply for.
Key Words: FINANCE | ACCA | ACA |AUDIT | CHARTERED ACCOUNTANCY | PART QUALIFIED | GIBRALTAR