|Scotland, Scotland||Salary: plus benefits|
|Sector: Accounting & Finance||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: asap||Contact: Sarah Cairns|
Audit and Accounts Senior - Qualified - Edinburgh | Competitive salary plus benefits including life assurance, paid overtime or time off in lieu, interest free season ticket loan, pension, annual salary reviews, profit sharing, childcare vouchers | ICAS | Edinburgh
SRGEurope have been appointed to recruit an Audit and Accounts Senior - Edinburgh to join an award winning Top 20 chartered accountancy firm with offices in Edinburgh. The Audit and Accounts department provides a wide range of advisory, audit and accounting services to clients. As an Audit and Accounts Senior your time will be split approximately 50% on audit work and the remainder on offering other professional services such as accountancy, systems reviews, corporate tax and company secretarial work.
Corporate staff and Partners advise businesses ranging from large multi-national corporations and landed estates to small family companies, many of which are owned by wealthy individuals. In addition to commercial companies in service/manufacturing industries, we also deal with professional partnerships, financial service companies, sports and entertainment businesses, entrepreneur's charities and schools. The aim is to provide outstanding service in a professional and efficient manner tailored to give the client the benefit of exceptional advice and maximum added value.
- Management and delivery of accounts and audit assignments
- Supervise, delegate and review work of juniors
- Deliver information to client in timely manner
- Display in depth client and technical knowledge
- Identify cross selling opportunities
- Manage client communication in effective manner
- Monitor chargeability on a weekly basis
- Plan Audit assignments, including budgeting and use of analytical review
- Lead audits
- Identify where there are shortfalls of work to cover chargeability and alert Managers
- Communicate to management progress on workload and plan for efficient completion
- Applicants may be CA/ACA/ACCA qualified and good pass rates in the professional exams would also be expected.
- Professional training experience should have been broad based with exposure to a good range of clients both in size and sector in general practice or audit.
- Experience in preparing group accounts and auditing groups and familiarity with electronic auditing packages (eg Caseware) and accounts preparation with Viztopia would be an advantage.
- Experience should also include providing detailed journal assistance to clients where necessary.
- Thinks widely and laterally to identify and consider different options before determining the best solution.
- Motivates self and others to succeed for the benefit of the firm.
- Excellent communicator
Our client is one of the UK's top 20 accountancy practices with a network of nine offices in the UK plus offices in Guernsey, Geneva and Zurich. They provide excellent training and development opportunities for staff. They are also very proud to have been named as one of 'Britain's Top Employers' for the 14th consecutive year.
If you would like to proceed to the next stage press apply now, if you want to know more e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us for Edinburgh 0131 510 0024, for UK 0207 183 6462 we look forward to hearing from you.
We have a variety of jobs ranging from £25k-£150k, so if this one is not suitable please visit our website www.srgeurope.com for other exciting opportunities you can apply for.