|Gibraltar||Salary: Competitive Salary Plus Benefits|
|Sector: Insurance Industry||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Angelique Pearson|
Assistant Underwriter | Insurance Sector | Competitive salary £22 -28,000k plus benefits DOE | Candidates applying must be living in the local Gibraltar or Spanish area | Gibraltar
SRGEurope are actively recruiting for a commercial focussed Assistant Underwriter to join a growing insurance Company with a base in Gibraltar. The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years' experience of managing the daily underwriting tasks for commercial ventures such as hotels, restaurants, bars and retail insurance products, as well as knowledge of renewals and midterm adjustments.
Our client is a leading insurance company well established in both the UK and Gibraltar, the Directors are based in Gibraltar and work between the UK and Gibraltar Offices. This newly created Assistant Underwriter role will be responsible for the day-to-day administration process and liaising with all third parties as required.
The appointed Assistant Underwriter duties, responsibilities and profile are as follows:
- Fluency in English for both written and spoken working correspondence with both clients and the UK office.
- Assisting the Senior Underwriters with claims review, assessment and claims approval.
- Renewals management.
- Liaising with clients re midterm adjustments to policies.
- Knowledge of hotels, bars, restaurants, guesthouses and retail insurance is an advantage
- Ability to learn quickly several different product features and successfully apply them during the claims review and approval.
- Assist with complaints cases using a diligent attention to detail during this review.
- Working as part of the team and having the ability to work under their own guidance when required.
- Handling a variety of other administrative responsibilities for senior staff members to ensure accuracy and timely processing of the daily tasks.
- Supporting company's senior staff members in answering phones, taking and distributing messages, as well as providing (if required) customers with information as requested.
- Good computer and email literacy
- Entering data into a computer database and organising and maintaining files.
- Working with senior staff on creating and modifying insurance contracts.
- Maintaining a good relationship with the UK office and its Underwriting team
Gibraltar is a British Overseas Territory on the edge of the Iberian Peninsula neighbouring Southern Spain. It boasts 300 days of sunshine per year, a relaxed out of work lifestyle and is easily accessible to the rest of Europe from Gibraltar and Malaga airports. The primary currency in Gibraltar is pounds/sterling and there are excellent English speaking schools if you are relocating with your family. We will help you with your relocation process about which you can read here: https://www.srgeurope.com/working-in-gibraltar/relocating-to-gibraltar
Apply now to find out more and receive a full job specification.
Insurance | Assistant Underwriter | Commercial Underwriting | Renewals