|Gibraltar, Gibraltar||Salary: Plus benefits|
|Sector: Accounting & Finance||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Angelique Pearson|
Assistant Management Accountant | Logistics | Excellent salary DOE plus benefits | Part or Nearly Qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA | Gibraltar
Candidates must be eligible to work in Gibraltar.
SRGEurope are seeking a career hungry Assistant Management Accountant to work for an international company long established in Gibraltar. The core responsibilities of the Assistant Management Accountant will see you working as part of a commercial finance and reporting team and be involved with all of MI and P&L reporting.
The Assistant Management Accountant Responsibilities are but not confined to:
- Responsibility for the preparation and production of the daily P&L reporting process and timely provision of monthly key performance indicators including stock control, P&L reporting, analysis and monthly MI (Management Information) to MA (Management Accounts) reconciliations
- Close liaison with sales desks and traders in contract locations to ensure data is accurate and timely
- Assisting the physical operations teams for reviewing all stock movements, delivered or to be delivered
- Help to implement process and system improvements to streamline activities performed by core team and enable increased focus on results analysis
- Reviewing and checking daily physical and paper transactions have been posted correctly and also to ensure the hedging is carried out correctly each day
- Proactively providing to the business beneficial commercial analysis. Specifically monthly commercial performance measures, fixed cost reporting and analysis, analysis of pricing and basis risk around physical operations
- Stock control - to analyse the operative performance of the shipments (loadings, deliveries, transfers, loss control) and terminals and look for cost reduction opportunities
- Ensuring integrity of data through the implementation and use of suitable controls
- Maintenance of suitable infrastructure in support of business growth
- Assisting with the month end close process
The Assistant Management Accountant Specialist skills and experience required:
- Commercial work experience in management accounting, ideally within a energy trading environment
- Part or nearly qualified accountant - ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent (newly qualified included)
- Degree in Finance/Engineering/Mathematics or similar high numeracy discipline
- Strong understanding of risks and P&L attribution
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills, internationally across the group; and, externally
- Track record of improving existing procedures
- Experience of managing or supporting business growth
- Working under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Fast learner, active thinker who can gain an in-depth knowledge of the business and detailed familiarization of the daily reports
- Able to take and maintain an independent approach and challenge where appropriate
- Advanced Excel capabilities
Are you interested in this Assistant Management Accountant Role?
This role is based in Gibraltar, a British Overseas Territory on the edge of southern Spain, boasting approx. 2,778 hours of sunshine per year.
If you would like to proceed to the next stage press apply now, if you want to know more e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us for Gibraltar +350 200 69999, for UK 0207 183 6462 we look forward to hearing from you.
Keywords: Part or nearly Qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA, AAT qualified, Management Accountant, Logistics, Analytics, Budgeting, Energy trading