|Gibraltar, Gibraltar||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Accounting & Finance||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Angelique Pearson|
Assistant Financial Controller | Newly or soon to be qualified | Competitive salary | Gibraltar
SRGEurope are seeking to recruit a recently qualified or newly qualified or soon to be qualified Assistant Financial Controller to join a professional Insurance company in Gibraltar. Our client has clients all over the world but also a strong market presence in Gibraltar. The Assistant Financial Controller will work closely with Financial Controller and deliver the highest quality service for the business and shareholders.
Assistant Financial Controller Responsibilities:
- Provide support and assistance in coaching and managing the Finance Team members in Gibraltar.
- Work closely with the Finance teams based in other EU and international locations
- Assist in preparation and posting of journals for month end and production of the monthly Management Accounts.
- Assist in preparation of management accounts at month end for Financial Controller to be circulated to Senior Management team and Directors.
- Assist with the supervision of monthly Credit Control and circulation of reports to Management.
- Assist with the year-end audits.
- Support Financial Controller in drafting and production of the IFRS Statutory Accounts.
- Assist Financial Controller in preparation of regulatory and tax returns.
- Provide assistance in compliance with Solvency II reporting including all the supporting schedules.
- Manage the other members of the Finance team in the absence of the Financial Controller.
- Perform other duties as may be reasonably required by Senior Management locally or by Group.
Assistant Financial Controller Requirements:
- Newly or about to be qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Minimum 3 years' experience ideally in insurance services but not essential as training will be provided
- Computer literate with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience in use of Great Plains - MS Dynamics is desirable.
- Honest and trustworthy.
- Methodical with attention to detail and concern for accuracy.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Able to plan and prioritise the work.
- Good team player.
- Confident in dealing with customers both external and internal.
Our client is one of Gibraltar's leading Insurance Companies; they have a strong market share and play a dominant role in the local arena. They offer Insurance solutions on an international basis which offers ample opportunities to progress your career.
Gibraltar is a British Overseas Territory on the edge of the Iberian Peninsula neighbouring Southern Spain. It boasts 300 days of sunshine per year, a relaxed out of work lifestyle and is easily accessible to the rest of Europe from Gibraltar and Malaga airports. The primary currency in Gibraltar is pounds/sterling and there are excellent English speaking schools if you are relocating with your family. We can even help you with your relocation process read more here: https://www.srgeurope.com/working-in-gibraltar/relocating-to-gibraltar
If you would like to proceed to the next stage press apply now, if you just want to know more e-mail us at email@example.com or to call us for Gibraltar +350 200 69999, for UK 0207 183 6462 we look forward to hearing from you.