|Gibraltar||Salary: Competitive Salary + Benefits|
|Sector: Accounting & Finance||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Angelique Pearson|
Assistant Financial Controller |Commercial and Transport |Gibraltar | Competitive Salary + Benefits
SRGEurope have been appointed to recruit an experienced Assistant Financial Controller for an established commercial company with a base in the thriving jurisdiction of Gibraltar. As Assistant Financial Controller you will be a qualified ACCA or CIMA or similar or qualified by experience or ACA Audit trained. It is an ideal if you speak Spanish and English but not essential and consolidated accounts experience is required
If you are looking to take the next step in your Accounting career then this could be the ideal role for you.
What's on offer to you?
- Above market rate Base Salary
- Benefit Package
- Career changing opportunity with an International Organisation
- Working alongside the Senior Finance Team
What You Will Be Doing
- Production of monthly management accounts to a deadline. This will include all relevant postings as well as reconciliations of accruals, prepayments, banks and cash.
- Preparation of consolidated accounts as required by the banks and/or management.
- Submission of the management accounts pack to relevant parties each month.
- Reconciliation of Operational Reports to the SAP system.
- Ensuring key control accounts within the accounts are reconciled monthly.
- Production of other monthly and quarterly business reports as required.
- To minimise the impact of Foreign Exchange movements on the company.
- Assist in the production of forecast information for volumes and profitability.
- Assist in the production of cash flow forecasts.
- Assist with KYC requirements when necessary.
- Assist in the development of financial and managerial reporting as required.
- Assist in the yearly budgeting cycle and monthly investigation of variances.
- Oversee bank reconciliations and stock calculations.
- Ensuring payments to key suppliers are made accurately and in a timely manner
- Assist in the development of other staff within the department by providing training activities where possible.
What You Will Need to Succeed In This Role
- Qualified Accountant (Chartered/Certified/CIMA) or qualified through experience.
- Demonstrable track record of taking responsibility for all accounting and control aspects for a sizeable company.
- Both highly independent and self-directed and a good team worker and collaborator.
- Fluent in English and Spanish is preferable but not essential.
- Ability to work quickly, accurately and handle multiple tasks.
- Excellent communication
- Effective interpersonal skills and comfortable working with people at all levels
- Able and willing to perform mundane tasks as and when required.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, and good Microsoft Office
- Experience of a multicurrency accounting environment
Please click on the 'apply' button and upload your CV and a Cover Letter or alternatively contact Angelique Pearson, Managing Director by email email@example.com or call Gibraltar +350 200 69999.
Gibraltar is a British Overseas Territory on the edge of the Iberian Peninsula neighbouring Southern Spain. It boasts 300 days of sunshine per year, a relaxed out of work lifestyle and is easily accessible to the rest of Europe from Gibraltar and Malaga airports. The primary currency in Gibraltar is pounds/sterling and there are excellent English speaking schools if you are relocating with your family. We will help you with your relocation process about which you can read here: https://www.srgeurope.com/working-in-gibraltar/relocating-to-gibraltar.
Key Words: Financial Controller| Management Accounts | ACCA |CIMA | Qualified by Experience | Gibraltar