|Gibraltar, Gibraltar||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Accounting & Finance||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Angelique Pearson|
Assistant Financial Controller | Newly or soon to be qualified | Competitive salary | Malta
SRGEurope are seeking to recruit a recently qualified or newly qualified or soon to be qualified Assistant Financial Controller to join a professional Insurance company in Malta. Our client has clients all over the world but also a strong market presence in Malta. The Assistant Financial Controller will work closely with the Financial Controller and deliver the highest quality service for the business and shareholders.
Assistant Financial Controller Responsibilities:
- Management accounts on a monthly basis
- Variance analysis on a quarterly basis
- Quarter end reports that will be submitted to the group
- Reinsurance workings
- Actuarial reports to be sent out to the group
- Local regulatory filing
- Analysing profitability by class of business
- Aiding in the yearly strategic business plan, cost allocation, exercises, forecasting and budgets
- Preparation of ad-hoc reports requested by management and discuss financial concepts whilst interpreting the impact of accounting decisions on the company
- Providing oversight, assistance and guidance to other team members within the Finance department
- Close collaboration with other departments within the Company to ensure a smooth transition in the underwriting and claims handling process
- Review and interpret technical accounting standards so as to present accurate financial information to internal and external stakeholders
- Prepare thorough report as requested by auditors
Assistant Financial Controller Requirements:
- Newly or about to be qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Minimum 3 years' experience ideally in insurance services but not essential as training will be provided
- Computer literate with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience in use of Great Plains - MS Dynamics is desirable
- Honest and trustworthy
- Methodical with attention to detail and concern for accuracy
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Able to plan and prioritise the work
- Good team player
- Confident in dealing with customers both external and internal
Our client is one of Malta's leading Insurance Companies; they have a strong market share and play a dominant role in the local arena. They offer Insurance solutions on an international basis which offers ample opportunities to progress your career.
Malta is a Southern European island country consisting of an archipelago in the Mediterranean Sea, full of history, beaches, culture and friendly people. It is easily accessible from most UK airports with a flight time of around just 3 hours. English is Malta's second official language so communication forms no problem. Summer weather is fantastic and the winters are mild. You certainly won't be bored in Malta, from hiking, mountain biking, rock climbing, scuba diving, paragliding, and windsurfing or just relaxing on the beautiful beaches - there really is something for everyone.
If you would like to proceed to the next stage press apply now, if you want to know more e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us for Malta +356 277 82156, for UK 0207 183 6462 we look forward to hearing from you.
If you would like to proceed to the next stage press apply now, if you want to know more e-mail us at email@example.com or call us for Malta +356 277 82156, for Gibraltar +350 200 69999, for UK 0207 183 6462 we look forward to hearing from you.
Assistant Financial Controller | Insurance | Management Accounts | Statutory Accounts/Management reporting | Malta