|Gibraltar||Salary: Competitive Salary + Benefits|
|Sector: Accounting & Finance||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Angelique Pearson|
Assistant Accountant |AAT Entry Level 2 or 3 | Gibraltar | Salary Competitive Plus study support and benefits
SRGEurope have been appointed to recruit an AAT level 2 or 3 Assistant Accountant for an established Insurance company based in the sunny jurisdiction of Gibraltar. The Accounts Assistant will be required to have a strong attention to detail for invoice entering, bank, cash and claims reconciliations and understand the needs when working within a highly regulated industry. It is a team focussed office so a hands on mind set is required. Achieving strict company deadlines is key.
If you are an ambitious Assistant Accountant and looking for an opportunity to enhance your career then this could be the role for you.
What's on offer to you?
- Attractive base salary plus benefits
- Study package for AAT once probation is completed
- Career progression
What You Will Be Doing
- General accounting tasks such as input of invoices and expenses, bank reconciliations, accruals, prepayments and asset management under the supervision of the accountant.
- You will help with preparation of the sales reconciliations and external reporting files in addition to the internal reporting.
- As alternate to the Claims Accountant, you will become an expert user of the claims system, able to interrogate the database, maintain records, reconcile differences and respond to queries from claims administrators.
- You will assist in the preparation of claims-related banking and learn how to account for claims, reconcile stock and produce the underwriter reporting.
- Having a close attention to detail and an efficient approach to your work, you will follow through the tasks you are assigned and take pride in and ownership of the results of your work.
What You Will Need to Succeed In This Role
- Studying AAT or interested in starting this qualification
- Have some accounting experience and feels comfortable in an accounts team
- Proficient with excel
- Happy with routine and has an eye for detail
- Thinks logically and enjoys finding a solution to a problem
- Keen to learn and open to a role which has potential to develop
- Flexible and willing to assist other team members as required to ensure deadlines are met
- Interested in a career in finance
If this is the challenge that you are looking for in Accounting, get in touch with me today.
Please click on the 'apply' button and upload your CV and a Cover Letter or alternatively contact Angelique Pearson, Managing Director by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Gibraltar +350 200 69999.
Gibraltar is a British Overseas Territory on the edge of the Iberian Peninsula neighbouring Southern Spain. It boasts 300 days of sunshine per year, a relaxed out of work lifestyle and is easily accessible to the rest of Europe from Gibraltar and Malaga airports. The primary currency in Gibraltar is pounds/sterling and there are excellent English speaking schools if you are relocating with your family. We will help you with your relocation process about which you can read here: https://www.srgeurope.com/working-in-gibraltar/relocating-to-gibraltar.
Insurance | Accounts Assistant |AAT | Reconciliations |Month End