|Gibraltar||Salary: Competitive Salary + Benefits|
|Sector: Insurance Industry||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Angelique Pearson|
Actuary | Financial Services Sector | Excellent Salary plus Benefits Package including shares, health and pension | Gibraltar
SRGEurope have been appointed to recruit a part qualified Actuary. This is a fantastic opportunity to join the Actuarial Reserving Team of this leading UK based Insurer. As a key Actuary member of the Reserving Team, you will be making contributions to the team's success from day one, you will be up to speed on the business, existing processes and supporting the reserve reviews. With the fast paced, ever-changing external environment, it is a great time to be working within the Reserving Team of a leading UK insurer.
The Actuary will report to the Head of Reserving.
The flat management structure of our client and its increasingly global reach means you gain invaluable direct contact with Senior Managers and Directors from across multiple departments.
- Support the regular Reserve Reviews across Motor, Van and Household products, from data to reporting stage.
- Assist with the end-to-end quarterly Solvency II Technical Provisions process for the UK products.
- Assist the Reserving Team's input into the wider Group Finance team's IFRS17 implementation.
- Support the development and enhancement of our Solvency II Technical Provisions process.
- Provide flexible support to ongoing projects within the reserving team, such as moving to new data systems, ongoing enhancements of the reserving process.
- Build relationships with our Claims and Pricing departments on key reserving matters and support our regular Claims Forum interactions.
- Work alongside our "line two" Risk Actuaries to assist their review and challenge of our IFRS reserves and Technical Provisions.
- Closely interact with our capital team to assist with regular capital assessments, and feed into model developments and model use.
Financial Accountant requirements:
- Part Qualified Actuary - ideally 2+ years reserving experience, preferably within personal lines
- Excellent academic background and strong numerical and analytical skills
- Proficient in spreadsheet tools (Microsoft Excel) with experience of VBA and SAS an advantage
- Experience of using RESQ software beneficial
- Good knowledge of Solvency II, including technical provisions, preferred
- Excellent project management and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and to reporting deadlines
- An eye for detail - not afraid of getting into the detail behind the data/calculations to challenge or be challenged
- Excellent communication, relationship and presentation skills - to senior management and non-actuarial colleagues in particular
- Good understanding of external motor market developments
Our client is a household name in the Insurance Industry and has a reputation for providing truly enhancing career opportunities. Their employees are characterized by their desire to succeed, team spirit and high energy. Their professionalism is of the highest order. This is a full time position. The applicant will be confident in taking on this role and will additionally possess a very high standard of written and spoken English. If you are well organised, articulate, and comfortable in operating in a professional and often demanding role apply now, the client is actively interviewing.
Please click on the 'apply' button and upload your CV or alternatively contact Angelique Pearson, Recruitment Consultant on 00350 200 69999.
Insurance | Actuary | Actuarial | Solvency II | Analysis | VBA | SAS