|Gibraltar,||Salary: £30000 - £35000 per annum + Plus benefits and study Support|
|Sector: Accounting & Finance, Insurance Industry||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Angelique Pearson|
Are you a recent Graduate seeking a career as a Trainee Actuary Analyst in the Insurance sector? Do you have a relevant Degree in Maths, Statistics or similar? Have you managed to obtain some work experience in an Actuary capacity during your studies or post Degree, an internship maybe? Or have you worked as an Actuary for the last 18 months and are seeking a new challenge in Gibraltar?
How can we persuade you to apply for this challenging Trainee Actuary role?
Our client is a motor insurance company established over 5 years based in the UK and Gibraltar. This newly created Trainee Actuary role will be working closely with the Senior Actuary gathering information and producing reports to Solvency II standards (SII). The jobholder will be trained in actuarial reporting for the Company entities and will play a key role in collating Management Information for the strategic planning of the business. The Trainee Actuary will have regular contact with the UK teams as well as the Team in Gibraltar.
The Trainee Actuary Analyst duties and responsibilities are but not confined to:
- Under the management of the Senior Actuary learn as much knowledge re Solvency II to be able to contribute to the reporting of the company
- Prepare Quarterly SII reporting that will involve data gathering, data cleansing, and liaising with data providers
- Calculation of best estimate liability and risk margin calculations
- Reconciliation of movements between SII including claims performance triangulations for each underwriting period
- Validate the data for SII capital calculations
- Run and maintain the ORSA capital projection model
- Ensure completion of training as mandated by the company and regulated by the FSC in Gibraltar
- Ad hoc duties as required
The appointed Trainee Actuary Analyst profile is as follows:
- Obtained a numerate degree
- Ideally have a Part qualified Actuary qualification
- Financial dexterity, appreciate working to deadlines and on own initiative
- Financial Modelling experience
- Exposure to the Financial services Sector
- Advanced Microsoft skills, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and have the ability to develop these
Our client has made dramatic growth in the personal lines Insurance sector in the course of the last 5 years, exceeding all projections forecasted for this time period. The Managing Director is now seeking to put in place an experienced management structure into the Gibraltar office along with exceptional support staff.
Do you have what it takes to achieve these ambitious expansion plans and add real value to such a successful Insurance Company? Apply now without delay and receive a full job specification.
Please note all applicants must hold an EU Passport.