|Chester, Cheshire||Salary: £16000 - £19000 per annum + Plus benefits|
|Sector: Accounting & Finance||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Kirsten Jefferson|
The Accounts Assistant will be responsible for assisting with Ledgers (Purchasing / Sales) and Treasury, ensuring tasks are completed accurately.
Join an exciting award winning and growing Leisure company with offices in Chester that offers benefits including pension, annual bonus, private medical, subsidised park and ride passes, staff discounts, travel insurance, fruit in the office and much more.
This is a highly varied role with responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Handling of purchase order and sales invoice registers.
- Processing of suppliers, managed services and advertising directory invoices in Sage.
- Processing staff expenses, charge card statements and consultant expenses in Sage.
- Processing sales invoices in Sage (including Intercompany).
- Management and processing of Direct Debit instructions.
- Process of weekly and monthly invoices within the in-house system (Enterprise).
- Assisting with the completion of weekly BACS and payment processes.
- Daily bank reconciliations and cash flow forecasting documentation.
- Petty Cash management and banking of cheques as and when necessary.
- Assist with monthly balance sheet reconciliations and preparation of regular reports (ie Owner Cover).
- Dealing with Accounts and Treasury queries via telephone and email.
- Assisting within the Finance Team as required during peak periods (ie month end, sickness and holidays).
- Ad-Hoc duties as identified by the Team Leader and Finance Admin Manager.
- Experience working within a Finance/Accounts Department
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Friendly approach to all members of the organisation
- Self motivated, professional and focused
- Demonstrates a positive attitude
- Flexible/adaptable to change
- Experience working with Excel
- Experience answering queries via telephone and email (Desirable)
- Experience with the production of reports (Desirable)
- Experience with other elements of finance administration (Desirable)
- AAT Qualification (Desirable)
- Experience working with Sage 200 (Desirable)
Our client is an exciting award winning company within the Leisure industry and offers you the opportunity to join a growing team and forge a successful long term career in a fast paced company.
Please click on the 'apply' button and upload your CV or alternatively contact Kirsten Jefferson, Recruitment Consultant on 0207 183 6462 or e-mail Kirsten.Jefferson@srgeurope.com
We have a variety of jobs ranging from £25k-£150k, so if this one is not suitable please get in touch to discuss other exciting opportunities you can apply for.
Skills: Accounts, Accounts Assistant, SAGE, SAGE 200, AAT, Finance, BACS, Invoices, Payment, Bank Reconciliations, Cash Flow forecasting, treasury, direct debit, expenses