|Gibraltar, Gibraltar||Salary: Plus Benefits|
|Sector: Accounting & Finance||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Angelique Pearson|
Accounts Assistant | Bilingual | Competitive Salary + Benefits | Gibraltar
SRGEurope are seeking an Accounts Assistant on behalf of our client who is a big player in the insurance industry in Gibraltar. The Accounts Assistant's primary focus will be to perform Bank and Purchase Ledger Reconciliation duties within the business and will report directly to the Financial Controller.
- Maintenance of the Purchase Ledger including issuing payments to suppliers by cheque or bank transfer.
- Document procedures re Bank and Purchase Ledger Reconciliation duties.
- Run and analyse outstanding credit list on a weekly basis.
- Provide cover as required entering monies received from clients for premiums into the insurance systems and record on the daily Cash Sheet.
- When necessary, provide cover to ensure daily takings are banked and reconciled with the Daily Cash Sheet.
- As required, provide cover to ensure the Daily Cash Sheet totals are uploaded to the General Ledger System.
- Prepare and issue refunds or claims to customers, print Sterling and Euro cheques or bank transfers and record these transactions and process invoices.
- Document all procedures for Cashier duties for training purposes.
- Follow up on all outstanding cheques issued and lodgements received but not cashed through the bank and take necessary action.
- Perform weekly and monthly bank reconciliations
- Recording of cheques in Register Book, calling clients and issuing cheque to clients.
- Provide cover for broker payment allocation.
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Excel to intermediate level.
- Familiarity with AICEL and WISL policies and procedures.
- Fluent in Spanish with ability to communicate both written and orally in Spanish is desirable.
- Basic bookkeeping knowledge (understanding of double entry and basic accounts concepts) is desirable.
- Experience in use of insurance systems and/or familiarity with the insurance market is desirable.
- Honest and trustworthy.
- Methodical with attention to detail and concern for accuracy.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Able to plan and prioritise the work.
- Team player.
- Confident in handling cash.
- Confident in dealing with customers both external and internal.
Gibraltar is a British Overseas Territory on the edge of the Iberian Peninsula neighbouring Southern Spain. It boasts 300 days of sunshine per year, a relaxed out of work lifestyle and is easily accessible to the rest of Europe from Gibraltar and Malaga airports. The primary currency in Gibraltar is pounds/sterling and there are excellent English speaking schools if you are relocating with your family. We will help you with your relocation process about which you can read here: https://www.srgeurope.com/working-in-gibraltar/relocating-to-gibraltar
If you would like to proceed to the next stage press apply now, if you want to know more e-mail us at email@example.com or call us for Gibraltar +350 200 69999, for UK 0207 183 6462 we look forward to hearing from you.
RECONCILIATION | AICEL | WISL | BILINGUAL | BOOK KEEPING |