|Sector: Accounting & Finance||Type: Contract|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Angelique Pearson|
Assistant Accountant | Ideally AAT qualified or QBE | Salary c£30k plus benefits | Gibraltar
SRGEurope have been appointed to recruit an experienced Assistant Accountant to work for a commercially focussed business with their HQ in sunny Gibraltar. The ideal applicant will be AAT qualified or near qualifying but candidates with 10 years plus proven experience in reconciliations will be considered for this role. You will have good Excel skills and be used to working to strict deadlines. The role reports to the Finance Manager
If you are an experienced Assistant Accountant then this could be the opportunity for you.
What's on Offer?
- Above Market rate salary
- Discretionary Bonus and Benefits
- Ability to be part of a small and professional, highly skilled team
What you will be doing:
- Entering data onto "in-house" accounting database from online banking on a daily basis covering several banks
- Reconciling bank accounts (multiple currencies) from month end statements to the system on a monthly basis
- Entering regular monthly journals
- Electronic filing of documents in the agreed format
- Producing various reports as outlined above
- Assisting with the preparation of management accounts
- Ad hoc duties connected with the accounts department and cover some office administration tasks
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years' experience working in an accounting environment and book keeping knowledge
- Attention to detail and accurate data input
- Able to perform detailed reconciliations and resolve differences
- Proficient with Excel and Microsoft office
- Experience of online banking would be advantageous but not essential
- Payroll experience, not essential but would be advantageous
- Ability to liaise with staff across all levels of the business
- Flexible approach to work, a team player with a positive attitude
If you are an experienced Assistant Accountant, get in touch with me today, for more information and a full job description.
Please click on the 'apply' button and upload your CV and a Cover Letter or alternatively contact Angelique Pearson, Managing Director on +350 200 69999.
Gibraltar is a British Overseas Territory on the edge of the Iberian Peninsula neighbouring Southern Spain. It boasts 300 days of sunshine per year, a relaxed out of work lifestyle and is easily accessible to the rest of Europe from Gibraltar and Malaga airports. The primary currency in Gibraltar is pounds/sterling and there are excellent English speaking schools if you are relocating with your family. We will help you with your relocation process about which you can read here: https://www.srgeurope.com/working-in-gibraltar/relocating-to-gibraltar