|Harrogate, North Yorkshire||Salary: Plus extensive benefits and relocation|
|Sector: Accounting & Finance||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: asap||Contact: Sarah Cairns|
Recruitment Company SRGEurope have been appointed to recruit an Assistant Manager or Manager (Accounts/Audit) to join an award winning Top 20 chartered accountancy firm with offices in Harrogate. Our client is looking for a bright and able candidate to work directly with partners and become part of the Harrogate senior team which provides a wide range of audit, accounting and tax services to our clients. Our client advises businesses ranging from large multi-national corporations to small family companies, many of which are owned by wealthy individuals. In addition to commercial companies in service/manufacturing industries, they also deal with professional partnerships, landed estates, financial service companies, sports and entertainment businesses, entrepreneurs and charities.
- Manage a varied portfolio of general commercial clients for a number of partners.
- Involved in a number of one-off assignments and special work.
- Mixed role that will include overseeing the delivery of audit and accounts work, both in the office and at client premises. The role also involves assisting with staff development and performance reviews and training more junior members of staff.
- The role can currently be split approximately as follows:
- 60% on statutory audits
- 15% on preparing financial statements in respect of limited companies, partnerships and trusts,
- 15% staff management, training, marketing and other non-chargeable activities,
- 10% ad hoc projects/reports for the client base.
- Applicants should be ACA/ACCA qualified with a good exam record
- Relevant experience as an effective assistant manager or manager.
- Degree educated to 2.1 levels.
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- General practice background and should have been involved in all areas of advice.
- The ideal candidate will be committed to a career in general practice and will have strong relevant experience in an accountancy firm, currently operating in the capacity of an audit/accounts manager/assistant manager.
- Provide evidence of outstanding client service levels, problem solving skills and the ability to use their own initiative.
- A breadth of experience across client type and size would be desirable but not essential. Specifically, experience of client in the following sectors would stand the applicant in good stead: Owner managed/SME corporate businesses, charities/not-for-profit organisations, academies and schools, pension schemes
- Demonstrate a passion for delivering quality and ensures that client needs are met, benefiting both the client and the firm
- Seeks self-development and provides support that enables others to develop within the firm
- The individual is likely to be operating in the Harrogate, Leeds or surrounding area, however we would also consider individuals wishing to relocate.
- Experience of managing a client portfolio and have had exposure to one off special assignments and complicated technical areas.
Our client is one of the UK's top 20 accountancy practices with a network of nine offices in the UK plus offices in Guernsey, Geneva and Zurich. The Harrogate Audit team currently comprises of 5 partners, 2 senior managers, 3 managers, 2 assistant managers, 6 seniors, 1 assistant and 7 trainees plus support staff. They provide excellent training and development opportunities for staff. They are also very proud to have been named as one of 'Britain's Top Employers' for the 14th consecutive year.
If you would like to proceed to the next stage press apply now, if you want to know more e-mail us at email@example.com or call us on 0207 183 6462 we look forward to hearing from you.