|Edinburgh, Scotland||Salary: £29000 - £35000 per annum + Plus bonus and benefits|
|Sector: Accounting & Finance||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Sarah Cairns|
Accountant | £29,000 - £35,000 + bonus + benefits | Chartered Accountancy Firm | Edinburgh, UK
SRGEurope is recruiting for a mid- tier Chartered Accountancy firm in Edinburgh. This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified accountant to join the Business Support Management Team, working as part of a current team of 22. My client offers the chance to work with clients in a wide range of sectors and the role will involve a great deal of client contact some of which will be at a clients' premises. The role represents the opportunity for someone to assist in the continuing growth and development of the department
The appointed Accountant Main Duties will be:
- Service a varied portfolio of clients in a pro-active manner.
- Preparation of management accounts for a variety of clients and writing meaningful commentaries on the figures which will assist clients in effectively running their businesses.
- Preparation of forecasts, business plans and other ad hoc reports.
- Preparation of annual accounts for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies.
- Preparation of VAT Returns including partial exemption calculations.
- Assisting with review and development of improved working practices and in house training sessions.
- Coaching junior staff.
- Developing and maintaining client contact and relationships.
- Liaison and communication with Managers and Partners.
The appointed Accountant Profile and Skills are:
- Professionally qualified accountant, or qualified by experience.
- Experience in business support work in an accountancy practice.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Willingness to take responsibility and suggest solutions to problems encountered.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Good IT skills including Sage and/or Xero experience.
- Track record of work delivered to budget.
- Ability to analyse figures in a meaningful way.
- Good time management skills and ability to efficiently organise your own workload.
- Attention to detail.
- Good technical (financial reporting) skills.
- Proven success as a team player but must also be able to demonstrate a high level of initiative and self-motivation.
Please click on the 'apply' button and upload your CV or alternatively contact Sarah Cairns, Recruitment Consultant on 0207 183 6462.
We have a variety of jobs within the Accountancy and Finance sector ranging from £25k-£150k, so if this one is not suitable please get in touch to discuss other exciting opportunities you can apply for.
Skills: ACA , ICAS , ACCA , Qualified , Chartered Accountant , CIMA , Audit