|Gibraltar||Salary: Competitive Salary + Benefits|
|Sector: Insurance Industry||Type: Permanent|
|Start Date: ASAP||Contact: Angelique Pearson|
Assistant Underwriter | Insurance | Gibraltar | £Market Rate Salary, Benefits, Summer Hours |Some flexible working
Assistant Underwriter required for an expanding Insurance company based in Gibraltar. As a member of the underwriting team, you will be assessing risks received from Insurance Brokers in an objective, profitable and competitive manner, develop and service nominated accounts and customers in accordance with current underwriting guidelines and authority limits. If you have no direct experience but a relevant skillset as outlined below, candidates will still be considered. Bilingual English and Spanish is a requirement.
As the Assistant Underwriter you will respond to customer/broker enquiries and advise on all products and services, underwrite quotes, and issue policies and take payments. The highest levels of customer service will be required.
What's on offer to you?
- Genuine career progression
- On the job training will be provided
- Market salary plus a comprehensive benefits package
- Summer Working Hours
- Study support if required post probation
What You Will Be Doing
- Assist in the review of existing policies and make necessary adjustments (renewals, endorsements).
- Prepare all policy documentation.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Senior management.
- Develop and service Brokers' requests.
- Undertake Monthly renewals.
- Respond to internal and external client queries in person, by phone, email or fax.
- Deliver a high level of customer service to clients and introducers during face-to-face contact, on the telephone and by email.
- Liaise with clients, brokers, claims team and/or underwriting regarding clients' claims or clients' insurance needs.
- Liaise with, assist Finance Department with direct, and broker queries.
- Collect premium payments for all Clients.
- Chase clients and brokers for renewals and make appropriate notes on the underwriting system.
- Assist with credit control as required.
- Assist in new business development and projects as required.
- Set up new and update existing products schedules in the software.
What You Will Need to Succeed In This Role
- Expertise in this field is an advantage but not essential.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Working knowledge of insurance products policies, procedures, clients and markets is an advantage.
- Willingness to progress toward relevant professional designations (e.g. Cert CII).
- Able to collaborate and meet goals.
- Organisational and time management skills.
- Competency in digital processes.
If you are an experienced Underwriter, and this is the challenge that you are looking for in your career, get in touch with me today. Please click on the 'apply' button and upload your CV and a Cover Letter or alternatively contact Angelique Pearson, Managing Director by email email@example.com or call Gibraltar +350 200 69999.
Keywords: Underwriter |Gibraltar | Insurance | Quotes | Brokers | Policies